The Big Byron and a Yellow Jersey
RideGC – Ride Gold Coast – Cycling Gold Coast – Cycling Paradise – it’s all good! Group Rides, Bunch Rides. Cycle Events, Cycling Maps, Cafes and much more How lucky are we…come ride with us.
Feature Image: White Jade Pottesvile
GC - Byron (not the ride map)
Please Update Me
Call/txt me anytime (+61) 0415153522
A Fun Agenda
It’s one those great ideas concocted up over a second flat White after a typical Sunday Bunch Ride…I know lets do a Sunday Special and ride to Byron…have a couple of couple stops along the way, just roll the legs over. 100km’s straight down from the Gold Coast to Byron Bay, now this is sounding like a great idea…lets do it!
- 2 coffee stops Kingscliffe and Pottsville
- Crowds of wives, partners and family, clapping and applauding the Sunday Bunch Riders into the heart of Byron Bay bringing the busy hustle and bustle to a stop, to see the very important SBR cyclists make their entrance
- The Australian Sunday Bunch Riders Body Surfing World Champs contest
- The largest Coldest Beer at the Local Byron Bay Hotel
- Lunch without calorie auditing
- Tall tales and prize giving ceremony, with more beers and wines to massage out the truths and egos..wives and partners smile very politely.
- Yellow jersey presentation and more obscure speeches about nothing…Beer is now in charge of verbal content.
- Time to head home in vehicles…Spend lots of time securing our very precious bikes onto the vehicles for their 100km journey home…this is yet another exercise in perfection, knowledge and ritualistic movements.
- Stop at the best Ice cream shop in Australia, to help lick away our trip back to the Gold Coast
- Discussion over which route we should take…should we follow the exact same route that we cycled, so that we can explain to wives and partners every detail, a blow by blow description of the roads we conquered. But the wives wisely explain that there is not enough time for such an interesting commentary.
- Radio is on…old song comes on…what is the name of that song again? actually who sang it?
- 10 minutes later over a few arguments as to who is right or wrong, with google in hand and corrections made… someone has found a 60’s channel, and we have all discovered expert singing voices.
- Lots of laughter
- Home already
- The Big Byron and a Yellow Jersey is is now a fantastic memory…lets make this an annual thing!