Short cuts to pretty much everything…if I have missed something then let me know …Cheers Steve firstname.lastname@example.org
The Big Loop
Ride details below
- 153 km’s (95 miles)
- Total Elevation of 2300 mtrs (7,500ft)
- Best start time 5:00am (sharp)
- Start from Broadbeach (See map tab)
- Finish at Broadbeach
- Time allocation 5.5 to 6.0 hrs
- This generally is a tourist region where people can become overly relaxed and lax on road rules. Typically everything flows very well with minimal cycling incidents
- Take 4 large bottles and as much food as you can carry.
- Toilets + Water – find @ Cafes, Service Centre and Council beachfront facilities are free and of a very high standard
- Note: Do you know your cycling hand signals?
- Note: Ride in straight lines and be predictable to other road users cyclist and vehicles
- Hazard: Traffic Build up on return to coastline
- Hazard: Car doors opening onto Cycle lanes
At bottom of page – Interactive Google Map (overview)
Displays info markers & VidClips “yellow” TV Screens
Sorry no photos
Sorry no Videos…Do you have a video of the Big Loop?
The Big Loop has many variations and interpretations. Robbie McEwan is often referred to alongside this as one of his favoured training routes. The route described covers most of the variations and can be lengthened at either end quite easily. It is a very tough ride with plenty of attackable climbs. ..
So what is so good about this climb?
It is a real test of endurance with some cracker climbs, both in difficulty and distance. Depending on your fitness level the climbs are to be attacked, but for most I suspect survival will do. Although this route ventures across the NSW border, it is what it says, a big loop around the Gold Coast.
I hope you enjoy the climb and please keep in touch maybe keep flick me a short description and a few pics/video of your ride. You cant contact me anytime ,and i encourage you to jump onto my weekly “Ride Gold Coast” by email (Below)
Have a great GC Cycling Experience and ride wisely